Sunday, August 10, 2008

Old Girl

My cat Fannie was born 08-08-96. I snapped these pictures on her birthday as she rested in the sun. I got her shortly after I started dating Scott. I knew he was allergic (VERY!) to cats but I still wanted one. We'd only been dating 3 months when I got her. At that point, I wasn't sure he'd be around 12 years later!! :)

My teaching assistant at the time knew I wanted a kitten. He lived in Chesterfield and had a neighbor who had a farm who's barn cat just had kittens. Brian went to visit the neighbor to see if he was selling/giving away the kittens. When Brian got there, the neighbor was placing the kittens in a trash bag because he couldn't be bothered with them. Brian asked to have one, reached in the bag and pulled out Fannie. He brought her to me the next day at school. She's been with me ever since. She's a good kitty and even catches a mouse once in a while. The children love her and she tolerates them.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jenni,

What a pussycat. How sweet. What a good life she got, compared to...
I don't want to think about it. I want a kitten!!!

Emily said...

she's so sweet..i wonder why i've never heard that story about her in the trash bag?