Thursday, September 11, 2008

Jack's First Day of School

Jack had his first day of school last Monday. He bounded out of bed in the morning, got dressed, and was downstairs ready for breakfast before I had brewed my coffee. The week before at "Open House", I had prepared his teachers for a little boy who would cry and cling to his mom. NOPE. He proved me wrong. He kissed and hugged at the door and walked right in. Never looked back. My baby boy is growing up. Today, Monday the 15th day of September, he was able to go in the carpool line. They opened my passenger side door, and out he went. As I slowly pulled away, I saw him climbing the steps to the door of his school and I got a little weepy. He seems so grown up to me now. I can't wait to pick him up.

2 comments:

Emily said...

he's the sweetest..

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, what an enchanting little boy. He is so beautiful! And brave, just like his Mom. I can't believe they are both in school already. Where does the time go? How proud you and Scott must be. All three will one day be heartbreakers. Have fun.LOL