Saturday, June 7, 2008

Yeah! A Battery!

Ok, so it wasn't just a battery that kept me away. Molly and Jack are not in preschool right now and I can't get anything done in my day! Back in the day when I was teaching, I never understood the groan that parents made when school ended and the celebration when it resumed. NOW I GET IT. It's not that they didn't love their kids, it's just that it is so much easier to grocery shop, do laundry, run errands in general, clean and read the newspaper when you have 2-3 hours in the morning alone. It has been lots of fun having them home, don't get me wrong. But if you drop by my house anytime this summer, it will be a shock! I have laundry on the dining room table 24/7. Anyway...who cares, right?

I got away for a little time tonight. I went to see Sex and the City with my friend Sarah. I have been in love with the girls from New york since the very beginning. Scott and I accidentally starting getting HBO many moons ago when our neighbor in the downstairs of our duplex signed up for it and we got it too. I did, for the record, report it to Comcast but the never came by to fix it. We got hooked on the Sopranos and SATC and when we moved into our first house, we had to sign up for HBO. I have loved almost all of their shows since. Anyway, we went to one theatre and the 4 shows for the night were sold out. We decided to try a ghetto movie theatre and if it too were sold out, we'd get a beer or something. It wasn't sold out so I saw it!!!! It was awesome!!!

So here are some pictures of things that we've been up to lately. We took the kids to Maymont over Memorial Day weekend. Becca really wanted a nap. She was a trooper.

Looking at 6 water snakes.

Molly and Becca playing.
One I thought of using....
Molly and Jack on their FIRST day of school.
On their LAST day of school. They were not happy, as you can see.
Becca after a bath. She loves being naked.
More sitting...


We have a busy weekend ahead. Molly has been invited to 2 birthday parties and our family was invited to another. It is supposed to be hot as HE-- here this weekend. I bet we'll be at the pool in between parties.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jenni, I cannot find words to express the beauty of your children.Becca is...I have no words. Period. Billie Lee and I just sat here a stared at all 3, we didn't say a word. (which is not like us. LOL) Have fun this weekend and if I could send you our 72 degrees and 15% humidity, I would. Love, Helen