Saturday, March 29, 2008

Oh, the things they say....

Building a "zoo world" with Legos.

Molly and Jack say things from time to time that floor me. I try to remember them and write them down. Here are a few good ones from Molly.
Tuesday, March 25. I am getting ready for a night out with 2 dear friends. Molly and Jack are not happy about this. We are in the kitchen as I am preparing dinner. Molly and Jack are at the table playing with playdough.
Molly: Mom do you really have to go out tonight? I am going to miss you.
Me: Yes. It's good for Mommy. Besides, one day you will be all grown and move away.
Molly: I don't ever want to leave my home.
Me: You don't have to leave until you graduate from college and that's a long way off. So don't worry about it now.
Molly: Well, I am going to move to Confederate (a street parallel to ours) so I can be close to you and daddy. So you won't miss me too much.
Me: That sounds wonderful.
After a long pause...
Molly: Mommy, can I have a picture of us so I can always remember how much I love you? I want lots of pictures. (she jumps up and runs to the living room to get the photo albums)
************************************************************************************
Wednesday, March 26
We went to the mall to get some new shoes. Driving in we see a huge crane because they a building a new part to the mall.
Molly & Jack: Mommy, what are they making?

(Reading the sign) It looks like they are building a hotel that is attached to the mall.
Jack: Why mommy?
Molly: Yeah, mommy, why would you want to have a sleep over at the mall? That's silly. But I guess shopping is boring and maybe people would want to take a nap.

2 comments:

Emily said...

oh dear god, i just peed. she's so funny.

Sam said...

I love that you took the time to write that down ... and one day Molly will love that you took the time to write that down, too. Too cute!