Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Tuesday

I love to look at old photos saved on our computer from time to time. This one caught me off guard. At first glance I thought it was Becca. It's Molly. It was taken when she was 5 months old.

This one is Baby Becca taken on Sunday. It was cold and rainy Sunday but we HAD to get the kids out of the house to run/walk around. I carried Becca in the Baby Bjorn. This cute jacket was given to her from Aunt Nika (Scott's sister), Uncle Dave, Grace and Sophie. **Am I crazy or do they look a lot alike??? Another of Becca. This is from Saturday...off to dinner.
An old one with Aunt Emmy. I LOVE this picture of Emmy and Molly. It makes me smile. Molly has this one in her room.
Maybe my all time favorite picture of Jack. This was taken first thing in the morning when he got up.
I love my kids and my life. I am truly blessed. I sit and look at old pictures to remind myself about really matters. Today I was feeling very overwhelmed. I felt like no matter how much I did, how hard I worked, I could not get everything I needed to done. I wanted all the laundry washed, folded and put away, house tidy and clean, children clean, groceries purchased and put away, dinner cooked and ready on time and everyone happy. I also wanted to have enough time to sit and do a puzzle with Jack, read millions of books to Molly, and play with Becca on the floor. There just is not enough time in the day. I try to convince myself that other things are not as important as the time with my kids, that anyone would understand when they see my piles of laundry, but I am a perfectionist. I want to be able to do it all. As I sit here, listening to the washing machine spin, knowing it's the last load, tomorrow morning, Jack will head straight for the first mud puddle he sees and give more laundry to wash. I can't be mad at him, he's drawn to them like a magnet. I need to remember that childhood is about getting dirty, taking the house apart while playing, and spending time with your mommy. The laundry and everything else can and should wait.

1 comment:

sharon said...

Jenni, your children are beautiful!!!! You seem to be having the time of your life. I am so happy for you. Love, Sharon