Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Out with the old...

I do not understand why, but my pictures always change order now when I upload them....


Anyway. Walls are down. Floors are up. Beams are secure. Here are some home remodeling picts.

This is a shot of the wall down and the beam up to support the floor above. It seems that the kitchen area was added 10 years after the house was built and no one could tell it was baring wall. We will have a slight bulk head but nothing to bad. Another good thing about opening the wall is we could see an old pipe leaking that we didn't know about.
The night before the wall came down I allowed Molly, Jack, and Becca to write on it. They had a blast!!
Never again I told them! :)


Support beam put up today. See all that brick? The walls in my house are 3 bricks wide/deep.

Before construction.



More after. Can you see all the years of funk? 3 letters were found behind the cabinets. One was dated 1967 from a 16 year old boy who wrote it to who ever in the future would find it. He talked about his 5 siblings, neighbors, and politicians who were corrupt, war, and how he and his brother were going to enlist in the Army and go to Vietnam. I wonder what ever really happened to him. Guess I will have to Google him....


These are out of order. This is the window closed up.

Window before in the old and now gone pantry!


2 comments:

Jenny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenny said...

Oooo, pretty! Don't you love how gorgeous everything looks during the in-between phase? I think that letter thing is pretty cool...